How to configurate ports as I/O in a HCS08 MCU in C using Codewarrior?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jump to solution
juancarlossuare
Contributor III

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
weapon
Senior Contributor I

Hi Baron,

Almost all of HCS08 MCU haven't dedicated Signal Multiplexing configuration, that means there is not extra setting for ports used as IOs,  In all HCS08 MCUs,  the default function of ports is GPIOs, then if  one peripheral who share one port with GPIO is engaged, the periphral will overwrite the GPIO fucntion.  Generally speaking, in the datasheet (reference manual) of MCUs, there will be one table to show Pin-Count and Pin Priotiry(as below),  Periphrals with higher priority will overwrite the lower peripherals' function.

QQImage_8090087.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
weapon
Senior Contributor I

Hi Baron,

Almost all of HCS08 MCU haven't dedicated Signal Multiplexing configuration, that means there is not extra setting for ports used as IOs,  In all HCS08 MCUs,  the default function of ports is GPIOs, then if  one peripheral who share one port with GPIO is engaged, the periphral will overwrite the GPIO fucntion.  Generally speaking, in the datasheet (reference manual) of MCUs, there will be one table to show Pin-Count and Pin Priotiry(as below),  Periphrals with higher priority will overwrite the lower peripherals' function.

QQImage_8090087.jpg

0 Kudos