My K10 Flash project is not running out of reset, only from debugger.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My K10 Flash project is not running out of reset, only from debugger.

Jump to solution
BenFan
Contributor III

I reviewed all I could find on these symptoms, but could not find solution to this problem.
The project is built and run from flash (build configuration is FLASH).
I use processor exert (CW 10.4).
Build options are set to place interrupts and code in internal flash and data in internal ram.
I use K10DN128VLF5. 32,768 kHz RTC oscillator is running and CPU reset pin is high.
Any suggestion how to pinpoint the problem?

Thnx,
    Ben

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
1 Solution
BenFan
Contributor III

First project that did not work from POR was created with GNU C Compiler toolchain. The new one derived from LED test is with Codewarrior ARM C Compiler toolchain and is working fine also from POR.

Now the evaluation can continue :smileyhappy:.

Thank you and

br,

Ben

View solution in original post

8 Replies
primozrebec
Contributor III

Hi all,

i have same problem using CW 10.4, Processor Expert, GCC compiler and MXQ Lite OS on Kinetis MK20. If i use Freescale compiler there is no problem running application from flash but it won't run from flash if i use GCC, it would only run from debugger. Is there a solution to run app from flash using GCC compiler?

0 Kudos
thomasm
Contributor III

I just encountered this very issue as well.  Has anyone come up with a solution to this?  I’m heavily invested in a configuration similar to this and switching tool chains at this point, if that’s the only way to get this to work, is not ideal.  

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Thomas:

This might be related to the libraries. Check the next thread:

Re: MK10DX256VLK7 doesn't run standalone, just when debugging. Verified it's running from FLASH, not...

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos
thomasm
Contributor III

Hello Jorge:

Your recommendation has in fact solved this problem!  Many thanks!

Best regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Benjamin,

Can you share your project or give a little more information?

If you create a simple project with the same configuration (A LED toggling for example), does it execute out of reset?

Regards.

0 Kudos
BenFan
Contributor III

I did a test project with RTC and WDog and LED toggle on 1s RTC interrupt.

It's starting on power-on.

The difference is in toolchain used. Now I go copy all PE components and source files to new project and will report back later.

thnx

0 Kudos
pavel_sadek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

I would search in RAM content, especially to copy of initial data from flash to ram in startup code.

Pavel

0 Kudos
BenFan
Contributor III

First project that did not work from POR was created with GNU C Compiler toolchain. The new one derived from LED test is with Codewarrior ARM C Compiler toolchain and is working fine also from POR.

Now the evaluation can continue :smileyhappy:.

Thank you and

br,

Ben