I have an imx53 evaluation board, It doesn't send any thing in serial port at start time and didn't work. How can I fix it? Is it possible that processor broken up?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an imx53 evaluation board, It doesn't send any thing in serial port at start time and didn't work. How can I fix it? Is it possible that processor broken up?

mohammadreza
Contributor II

I have created image on SD card for several time, but it doesn't work?

I think it must send boot loader data in serial port at start up time.

Please help me.

Thanks

Labels (4)
Tags (4)
10 Replies

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I assume you're using i.MX53 QuickStart board:

1) remove all SD cards from board and power it on

2) connect USB cable between board and PC

3) if board appears in USB device list -> it is working properly.

4) follow instructions in Linux User Guide on how to create SD card. Be careful with how you program the bootloader (with or without offset etc.). Best to use pre-built binary images available from freescale.com for testing.

It might be there's an issue with serial port, but makes sense to check that you create SD card properly. You might do a hexdump of first 4k of SD card and attach it to this post so we can have a look.

mohammadreza
Contributor II

Hi dear Vladan

Thank you so much for your answering :smileyhappy:

Yes I'm using an i.MX53 Quick Start board. For first time, when I plugged in, it was worked correctly and its ubuntu OS was correct. After about 3 month, when I used it again, it didn't work. I think its processor is broken up!

I have removed SD card, and connected USB cable, but didn't happen any things!

I'm so confused! I don't know what I can do to repair it!

Please help if you could!

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mohammad

When you connected USB cable it didn't work , I wonder if your board is broken. You may find where the problem is by testing the voltage of the board.I advise you to test the voltage as you power on referencing the schematic of the i.MX53 Quick Start  board.

Best regards

Dan

mohammadreza
Contributor II

Dear Dan,

Thank you so much, the PMIC woks very good and we have not any problems with power supply. I have checked test point's voltages that described in Quick start document (from DVD), but the voltages are fine! I'm so tired, I don't know what I have to do! I think, we have to demount i.MX53 processor and replace it with new one! I think its processor is broken up.

Thanks

Best wishes

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mohammad,

Does it work now when you have changed a new i.MX53 processor?

Best regards

Dan

mohammadreza
Contributor II

Hi dear Dan

I'm so sorry for late answering.

i.MX53 has sophisticated PCB, and its processor has BGA package, I'm trying to change it but I think I need more time. Whenever I change it, I'll report you our results :smileywink:

Thank you so much Dan :smileyhappy:

Mohammad

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mohammad

OK. Look forward to your good news:smileyhappy:~~

Best regards

Dan

0 Kudos

mohammadreza
Contributor II

Hi dear Dan

We changed our process, but unfortunately it doesn't work!!! :smileysad:

The only improvement is it can be recognized with its USB connector, but .... :smileysad:

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mohannad,

Are you using i.MX53 QuickStart board? If it is. Have you applied the patches IMX53_LINUX_1109_BSP_PATCH for this board? You can have a try.

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

pachook
Contributor I

Hello All,

I am having similar problem - just got imx53 board at work to do some research - the problem is the starting DVD is missing and I am not sure what initial serial settings at PC should be?

BTW is there a way to get another copy of a starting DVD ?

Thanks a lot for help

PacHOOk

PS In attachment there is an output from what I got on serial port.

0 Kudos