cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

don't know how to view/change optimization level

mzimmers
Contributor I

Hi, all -

New to CW here. Just downloaded the 30-day evaluation copy. I'm stepping through an example program supplied by Freescale, and it occurred to me that I want to change the optimization level of the compiler. According to the help, it's done in Project->Properties, but Properties is ghosted out for me.

If anyone could help me with this particular issue, I'd be grateful. Also, is there a quick-start guide for CW? I don't think I need an in-depth tutorial, but I'd like a short introduction to the concepts of projects, configurations and the like.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The answer pretty much depends on which compiler you are using. Can you tell us this?

0 Kudos

mzimmers
Contributor I

I looked through the "About CodeWarrior Development Studio" installation log, and found a line that says "C/C++ Development Tools" provided by Eclipse CDT. That's the closest thing I can find to any compiler identification.

EDIT:

I also notice that I have a gnu subdirectory in my CodeWarrior directory, so...maybe my compiler's mingw?

EDIT II:

Aha! I just built an example project, and the console window has several lines:

'Invoking: ARM Ltd Windows GCC C Compiler'

So...how to alter optimization values? They're definitely not set for debugging.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

the question was more about if you develop for S08, ColdFire, DSC, PowerPC or ARM/Kinetis, because these are all different compilers, with different compiler settings. And even for Kinetis there are two compilers (the legacy Freescale compiler and the new ARM gcc one). So you confirmed with your updated that you are using ARM gcc :-)

To answer your question then: the optimization settings shown in the attached screenshot.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

mzimmers
Contributor I

I can't even figure out how to determine that...help, please?

0 Kudos