How many simultaneous ADC samples can I take with the Vybrid? Two?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many simultaneous ADC samples can I take with the Vybrid? Two?

Jump to solution
johnfielden
Contributor IV

Looking at the vybrid data sheet, there are multiple channels for two ADC ports.  But it appears that I can only take 2 measurements at a time.  I would like to use the DMA to store samples in memory.  If I only have one DMA channel available, I'm guessing that I can only take one measurement at a time.  Is there a way to interleave data?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello John,

Below is reply from another Community thread:

"Vybrid has 2 ADCs. Each can be synchronized by External hardware trigger support.

If you raise each, for each ADC, with two separate triggers at the same time, 2 ADCs will measure at the same time. For example using Programmable Delay Block (PDB)."

It might be not exactly about what you are asking, but it gave me a hint that you may probably use the Programmable Delay Block (PDB) to interleave data as well, i.e. make the 2 ADCs' data flow through one DMA channel in the synchronized manner.

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello John,

Below is reply from another Community thread:

"Vybrid has 2 ADCs. Each can be synchronized by External hardware trigger support.

If you raise each, for each ADC, with two separate triggers at the same time, 2 ADCs will measure at the same time. For example using Programmable Delay Block (PDB)."

It might be not exactly about what you are asking, but it gave me a hint that you may probably use the Programmable Delay Block (PDB) to interleave data as well, i.e. make the 2 ADCs' data flow through one DMA channel in the synchronized manner.

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos