cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eGUI on Freedom K20N50 with Novatek NT7534

scottallred
Contributor I

Hello community!

I'm trying to get a Newhaven 124x64 graphics display to work (over SPI), which has a Novatak NT7534 display driver in it.

I've created my own LLD for the NT7534, which doesn't do much more than just initialize the display.  I also wrote my own HW LLD for SPI on Kinetis, because I used Processor Expert to instantiate the SPI module.

My main screen just instantiates 2 labels.  I've attached the files for my SPI driver, my NT7534 driver, and my main screen.

The SPI port writes out the initialization, but nothing is drawn on the screen, and there isn't any SPI activity after the initial setup.  Might anyone have any suggestions on where to go from here?  I greatly appreciate it!!!

Scott

Original Attachment has been moved to: d4dlcdhw_kenetis_spi_pe.c.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: d4dlcdhw_kenetis_spi_pe.h.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: d4dlcdhw_kenetis_spi_pe_cfg.h.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: d4d_screen_main.c.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: d4dlcd_NT7534_cfg.h.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: d4dlcd_NT7534.h.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: d4dlcd_NT7534.c.txt.zip

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

it's nice that you port the new LCD to eGUI and initialize it , but also you have to finish this file: d4dlcd_NT7534.c

At least these function MUST be fill up:

static unsigned char D4DLCD_SetWindow_Nt7534(unsigned short x1, unsigned short y1, unsigned short x2, unsigned short y2)

static unsigned char D4DLCD_Send_PixelColor_Nt7534(unsigned short value)

static void D4DLCD_Delay_ms_Nt7534(unsigned short period)

optionally :  static unsigned char D4DLCD_SetOrientation_Nt7534(D4DLCD_ORIENTATION new_orientation)

eGUI is most often call the function set window to set logical window on screen and then fill up the window with new colors by function Send Pixel.

An in this functions you should call your low level SPI functions.

Check for example any other eGUI driver.

Petr

0 Kudos

scottallred
Contributor I

Thanks for the help.  I'm not sure exactly how to set the window, I can only set the starting row - but I suppose that I can do that in there.

It's an LCD, so setting pixel color is really just on or off?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos

Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I don't know this exact type of LCD, but as I check this is monochrome LCD, And as I know this is typically doesn't support Window  functionality by HW, but it can be hand;le by SW inside your driver - just little bit more computing on SW driver side.

The worse thing is that eGUI is not natively adapted to work in monochrome ,so the will be some difficulties that should be implemented , that are not part of current version eGUI , maybe sometime in future.

Best regards

Petr

0 Kudos