Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF3x USB connection

Jump to solution
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear Vybrid support team,

Hello,

I have a VF3x board which has UART and USB interface. I have connected the UART interface to the PC with terminal SW, and its responding 0x23454523 sequence.

How should I test the USB interface?

Which parameters should I measure/check?

If hardware is correct, Is it a plug and play interface to the PC, so that should I see a new device connection in Windows?

I am drawing about 100 mA from 5Volts power supply. May I draw this amount of current from PC's USB port?

Best regards.

Mehmet Ali Ipin

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Mehmet,

One of the 2 USB ports (refer to the documentation which one) can be used for booting, so when connected to a PC, it enumerates, and Vybrid appears among the devices on the Device Manager list.

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Mehmet,

One of the 2 USB ports (refer to the documentation which one) can be used for booting, so when connected to a PC, it enumerates, and Vybrid appears among the devices on the Device Manager list.

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear Naoum,

Thank you very much for your helps. When I removed pull up resistors on USB_0 DM and USB0_DP lines, windows recognized my VF3x board, I saw Vybrid message and our hardware is connected as HID.

Have you any idea if PC allow 500 mA from its USB_VBUS port pin to USB device, without USB device going to suspend mode? I don't want to use extra power supply,  I mean, may I use USB port VBUS pin as a 5V and 500 mA power supply?

Thanks and with my best regards.

Mehmet Ali Ipin