cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fastboot to flash file size bigger than 512MB

williamtung
Contributor III

Hi,

I verified the fastboot with a system.img (280MB) and confirmed it's working correctly (download and flash OK).

When I tried to use fastboot to flash the system.img (512MB), I saw two different errors:

1. FAILED (remote: data too large) on PC and send: FAILdata too large on iMX6

when I set

#define CONFIG_FASTBOOT_TRANSFER_BUF    0x2C000000

#define CONFIG_FASTBOOT_TRANSFER_BUF_SIZE 0x14000000 /* 320M byte */

I assumed it's because not enough transfer buffer and increased the size, but got #2 error below

2. FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error)), fastboot exits on PC and the iMX6 stuck on receiving data with 8~9 dots (.........)

When I set

#define CONFIG_FASTBOOT_TRANSFER_BUF    0x48000000

#define CONFIG_FASTBOOT_TRANSFER_BUF_SIZE 0x22000000 /* 320M byte */

Does anybody see the same failure before? Please help determine whether PC or iMX6 causes the problem. Thanks.

Labels (4)
6 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

William

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Yiking,

I realize this is an old thread, but I would to reopen it. Are you aware of any patches to the fastboot source that will permit the uploading of data in chuncks to work around the limit discovered earlier in this thread. In particular, the userdata partition I work with is nearly 4.0 GB in size? Thank you.

Michael Robbeloth

0 Kudos

williamtung
Contributor III

Hi Jimmy,

Here is the partition definition in the mksdcard-android.sh.tar. The size of SYSTEM partition is 512MB.

#!/bin/sh

# partition size in MB

BOOTLOAD_RESERVE=8

BOOT_ROM_SIZE=8

SYSTEM_ROM_SIZE=512

DATA_SIZE=2048

CACHE_SIZE=512

RECOVERY_ROM_SIZE=8

VENDER_SIZE=8

MISC_SIZE=8

Is there a size limitation for fastboot to transfer?

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

William

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,
Yixing

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

So, have you try to change the size bigger?

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check the 4.1.1 Storage Partitions in the Android BSP User Guide. Double check if your image is exceeded the size of the defined partition  or not.

0 Kudos