AnsweredAssumed Answered

Info needed about DCU4 on vybrid platform

Question asked by Prasanna Nandaragi on Sep 4, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 9, 2013 by Ioseph Martinez Pelayo

Hello,

This is with reference to Vybrid of Vybrid Display Control unit. In the overview there diagram there are 64 layers shown and also there are 6 FIFO show. It is NOT clear from the document that how these 6 FIFO are used in the system apart from or along with 64 Layers. Also please let me know how these FIFO are different from those 64 layers.

NOTE: Please let me mention I have been following Freescale from 2005 with iMX processors. I am not sure whether I am the only person who is experiencing this but somehow I felt that the Vybrid documentation quality and completeness is not as it used it to be earlier with other Reference Manuals. For example there are mentions about DCU3 and AXI in the documentation but there is No proper explanation about these terminologies. And another example is the overview sections say "This comprises two distinct sections" but there is not clear demarcation of these sections. And sometime it is difficult to relate these 'upper and lower sections' as referred by the document.

Thanks and regards,

Prasanna

Outcomes