TurboBDM Ver.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
joebougher
Contributor II

pgo

You were right it was not a Win7 64 Enterprise issue, but a Dell USB port hardware issue

I installed Win7 64 Enterprise on a Dell Optiplex 780, and a EliteBook 8470p and had no problems with the BDM.

I found that on the Dell Optiplex 7010's  the 2 internal USB 2.0 ports and the front panel USB 2.0 ports had issues, but the 2 front panel USB 3.0 ports, the 2 rear panel USB 3.0 ports and 2 of the rear panel USB 2.0 worked fine.

Thanks for the help
Joe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Joe,

I've tried out the software with a Win7-64bit machine and I've been unable to get it to misbehave.

Could you do/check the following:

• Can you confirm that the BDM firmware was updated to match the installed version?
  • Running the stand-alone programmer will provide the minor version number as well e.g. Ver 4.10.5.
  • Using the stand-alone programmer see if there are any issues with connecting to the BDM.
  • Can you tell me what target you are using in case it has some affect on the outcome?

bye

0 Kudos
joebougher
Contributor II

pgo

I have this installed on a HP EliteBook 8470p corei5 laptop running Win7 (64) PRO and am having no problems at all

The new lab PC's are Dell Optiplex 7010 running Win7 (64) Enterprise and I am guessing it is the Enterprise Edition that is causing the issues

1>

If I run the BDM update on the Laptop everything is fine

If I run the BDM update on the 7010s it runs until there is some sort of mode switch and then that USB hub will not work with the drivers, plug it in to other USB ports and all is fine but that port is dead to the BDM until I disconnect it, show ghost USB devices and delete it from the list???

2>

BDM Firmware Ver 4.10.2

DLL Ver 4.10.6.0

3>

Using the stand-alone programmer works 5-20 times and then hangs, after that it just adds more dead versions to the task list

Below you can see 5 dead copies on the list, when it hangs and you try to run it 4 more times

4>

Target MC9S12C32

Any ideas on what to try next??????????

Thanks

Joe

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Joe,

Could you try updating the firmware on one of the BDMs to the current version.  Do this on the laptop that works.

Let me know if this affects the outcome on the other PCs.

One difference that might be causing this is that there is a different chip-set for the USB on the Dell PCs rather than the version of Windows.  Sometime you will find different results on a rear USB port.

Either way it's not a good situation but I can't see how to progress it much!

bye

0 Kudos
joebougher
Contributor II

pgo

You were right it was not a Win7 64 Enterprise issue, but a Dell USB port hardware issue

I installed Win7 64 Enterprise on a Dell Optiplex 780, and a EliteBook 8470p and had no problems with the BDM.

I found that on the Dell Optiplex 7010's  the 2 internal USB 2.0 ports and the front panel USB 2.0 ports had issues, but the 2 front panel USB 3.0 ports, the 2 rear panel USB 3.0 ports and 2 of the rear panel USB 2.0 worked fine.

Thanks for the help
Joe

0 Kudos