DSC 56F84xxxx ( EX family ) : Pull up enable in Peripheral Mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSC 56F84xxxx ( EX family ) : Pull up enable in Peripheral Mode

GottiLuca
Contributor IV

This discussion just to share what i've experienced on the 56F84xxx family : it could be a bug in the silicon or an error in the reference manual .

On the reference manual of this family ( i.e. : MC56F8455x - Reference Manual see  ) there is the following sentence ( page 983 ) :

"• Individual pull resistor type selection for each pin in either peripheral mode or GPIO mode"

However, I've experienced that, when a pin is in peripheral mode ( correspondig GPIOx_PER is set ) ,   setting the corresponding bit of GPIOx_PUR doesn't pull the pin up ..

The pull-up seems to be effective only in GPIO mode .

Has anyone here that have experienced such erratic behaviour ?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Regarding the remark ""• Individual pull resistor type selection for each pin in either peripheral mode or GPIO mode" in reference manual of MC56F8455XRM, this is a typo of the reference manual, the GPIO pull-up resistor is only valid when the GPIO is in GPIO and input mode, it is not valid for peripheral mode and GPIO output mode.

I will contact the application team to correct reference manual. I have checked, the same typo appears in MC56F847xxRM(in section 38.1.1 Features).

BR

XiangJun Rong