cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vybrid ASRC sample code

stefansinger
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, we need to write an ASRC driver for our Audio Framework on Vybrid. Is there any sample code to start from ? I believe a similar (or identical ?) block has been used on i.MX6, but obviously on Vybrid the ASRC is supposed to work together with the eDMA, so any sample for that would be great.

Thanks

Stefan

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

juangutierrez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As a reference you can look at the linux driver implementation for imx6 at

the next directories:

<kernel_imx>/linux/drivers/mxc/asrc

<kernel_imx>/linux/include/linux/

<kernel_imx>/linux/sound/soc/imx/

<kernel_imx>/linux/sound/soc/codec/

and the next files:

mxc_asrc.c                ASRC driver implementation codes including stream interface    

mxc_asrc.h                ASRC register definitions and export function declarations    

imx-cs42888.c           memory to ASRC to ESAI TX implementation in 7.1 audio codec machine driver.

imx-pcm-dma-mx2.c   memroy to ASRC to ESAI TX implementation in 7.1 audio codec platform driver

imx-esai.c                  memroy to ASRC to ESAI TX implementation in 7.1 audio codec cpu driver.                   

cs42888.c                  memory to ASRC to ESAI TX implementation in 7.1 audio codec codec driver.

stefansinger
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Since the setup on Vybrid is quite a bit different, I am still struggling. The ASRC chapter in the Vybrid RM actually has some C code. Does anyone have this code or any other example ?

0 Kudos

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Stefan,

At the moment, I can't point to any direct reference. It looks like another thread here on the imxcommunity, https://community.freescale.com/message/332039#332039 takes advantage of the i.MX6 fsl-alsa-plugins to get this done rather easily.

We will need to review and see where we stand with the Vybrid kernel. I would expect we can follow up early week of 9/22.

Regards,

Timesys Support

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport do you have an update on this case?

0 Kudos

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you  help on this case?

0 Kudos