cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx53 smd sound issue

Jump to solution
vicliu
Contributor II

Hi, my board is based on the imx53 QSB and uses the SGTL5000 sound chip connected up in the same way.  And I use imx53 smd kernel for Andorid.

When the kernel loads I get this error:-

sgtl5000_hw_read: read reg error : Reg 0x00
Device with ID register 0 is not a SGTL5000
No device for DAI imx-ssi-1-0
No device for DAI imx-ssi-1-1
No device for DAI imx-ssi-2-0
No device for DAI imx-ssi-2-1

No soundcards found.

But while I use imx53 loco for Ubuntu,  it worked. 

Anybody can help me??  By the way, on the same way I2C bus EEprom and RTC both worked. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Vic,

If you met some problems during porting BSP to your design according to above steps , Please let me know !

Regards,

Weidong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,vic,

I checked schematic of MX53_QSB and MX53_SMD, they used the same I2C(I2C2) for SGTL5000, So I2C_BOARD_INFO structure in BSP file should also be same. But the 2 BSP file were designed for different boards, Only according to log, it is hard to judge where the issue from. the following is my adivce for your design:

(1)porting BSP to your board.

Since your design is based on mx53qsb, You had better do porting based on mx53_loco BSP. So please adjust code based on mx53_loco.c.

(2)using android file system.

for i.mx53QSB, Freescale only released linux BSP, but you can compile i.mx53 smd android file system , and run it on your board .

(3)Porting android file system to your board.

You can open android2.3.7(R10.4) source code, and create a new devicee by referring to mx53 smd , such as mx53_xxx, then using samilar method with mx53 smd to compile your own board

It looks like you have added a new EVK board into R10.4

Regards,

Weidong

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Vic,

If you met some problems during porting BSP to your design according to above steps , Please let me know !

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos
vicliu
Contributor II

Hello Weidong,

I follow your step, and modified the code to as the same with mx53_loco. It work!! but met another problem

android sound issue

I post in another place .  The sound is ok, but only ringtone. The media part fail.

0 Kudos