CW Crash (HCS08 on both version 5.7.0 & 5.9.0)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW Crash (HCS08 on both version 5.7.0 & 5.9.0)

Jump to solution
Siddus
Contributor I
- Which CPU are you targeting (HC08, HC12, Coldfire, ..)
HCS08

- Which version of CodeWarrior are you using?

I've just got a CW Special Edition (version 5.7.0) with a softec Evaluation Board. I installed the software and ran the updater, nothing more.  After launching CW, it crashes when I try to simply create/open a project. The window just "disapears" with no error messages or anything else.

I downloaded the last version (5.9.0.) on the freescale website and I installed it on antoher computer. Same as above, I ran the updater and nothing more, and I have the same problem.

When I click on "open" or "set.." in the create project menu or "open workspace" or "load example" the software crahses and I have to relaunch it.

Thanks for any help ...
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Check this thread, it also contains the workaround.

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CW816COMM&message.id=1143&query.id=3988...

The bug is actually that with MS Groove 2007 installed, the standard windows file open dialog crashes if
it is opened in the Win2000 compatibility mode. That mode is set for the CW ide, hence it crashes.
But any other application crashes too as soon as the compatibility mode is enabled.

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Check this thread, it also contains the workaround.

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CW816COMM&message.id=1143&query.id=3988...

The bug is actually that with MS Groove 2007 installed, the standard windows file open dialog crashes if
it is opened in the Win2000 compatibility mode. That mode is set for the CW ide, hence it crashes.
But any other application crashes too as soon as the compatibility mode is enabled.

Daniel
0 Kudos
Siddus
Contributor I
Well, that was exactly my problem ! I wasn't thinking it could be a matetr of Office 2007 and compatibility mode ... !

Thank you again,

Vincent
0 Kudos