for k40 generated , how to force linker generate 32bit aligned s19 file?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

for k40 generated , how to force linker generate 32bit aligned s19 file?

hotashu
Contributor III

for k40 generated , how to force codewarrior linker generate 32bit aligned s19 file?

if Codewarrior can't, what tool can convert it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

travis_l
Contributor III

In order to set the max length of the S19 records in the S19 file you have to go the the Project Properties window and under your C/C++ Build Settings find the linker output settings.  You should have a setting for "Max S-Record Length"  If you want to align the S-Records to 32 bits then you should set this to 4 (bytes).  I am wondering why you need this particular alignment though...   Are you trying to align the instructions on 32 bit boundaries or just the actual S-Records in the S19 file?  If you are trying to align the instructions on 32 bit boundaries you should instead modify the lcf file to use  ". = ALIGN (0x4);" for the sections of the rom/ram that need to be aligned this way.  If you are just wanting to align the S-Records in the S19 file, I can't see any reason to do this unless your bootloader only accepts S-Records of a certain width, and it has been my experience that most of the bootloaders provided by Freescale work fine by setting the max S-Record length to 124  (128 - 4 for checksum).

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos