Following up with some questions I have received from customers recently,
What about creating a list of IDEs for Kinetis that run under Linux, and the same for free IDEs (even for Windows if that is the case)?
As for Linux IDEs that I know about:
1) CodeWarrior, up to v10.2, supporting some of Kinetis K devices.
2) IAR EWARM, was about to launch a version that runs under linux, but I couldn find it on their website.
3) ARM DS-5. (Keil does not seem to run on Linux)
4) Mentor Codebench
5) CodeRed, that was recently bought by NXP, what may mean the support for Kinetis could be discontinued.
6) DIY with eclipse, OpenOCD as posted by karibe here:
Setting up Linux opensource build and debug tools for freescale freedom board FRDM-KL25Z >> Karibe
As for Free options, I could find:
1) Mentor Codebench Lite
2) DIY with eclipse, OpenOCD, Processor Expert by Erich Styger here:
Do you know other options?