K60 TCP/IP Demo

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60 TCP/IP Demo

mikesutton
Contributor I

I've been struggling today to get any sort of TCP/IP demo working for the TWR-K60D100M + TWR-SER.

Here's what I've tried:

1) I'm using the special edition of CodeWarrior (maybe that's an issue for some of the demos I've tried??)

2) I started trying to get FreeRTOS working.  There is example code included in KINETIS512_SC.zip that is downloadable from freescale.com.  There is a FreeRTOS example that appears have an http server or some sort of TCIP using either uIP or lwIP.  However, the example isn't a CodeWarrior project, rather a IAR project.  I tried porting it over to CodeWarrior by downloading FreeRTOS and setting up a new project.  I tried both the Freescale compiler and the GCC comiler and couldn't get it to compile all the way with either.

3) After no success with FreeRTOS, I started looking for other options and started trying MQX.  I downloaded MQX and was able to create the vairous projects that form the basis of the RTOS.  However, when I tried to import any of the demos, I can't get them to both compile and run. 

a) telnet2ser seems like a straightforward example, but has hundreds of compile errors.  I think it might not be referencing the built libraries correctly? 

b) Several of the examples have #error directives in them that prevent them from compiling because they are apparently deprecated. 

c) Tried httpsrv in rtsc examples and it gives error: "Overflow in segment: rom from section: .main_application Segment reserved size is: 0x0000fbe0 -- Overflow of: 0x00021dd8"  (Even though I'm using the project specifically for the K60D100M.  Maybe this is the CW special edition size limit?)

Kind of seems like I'm going in circles.  If anyone could point me in the right direction of any sort of TCP/IP demo for the TWR-K60D100M + TWR-SER using CodeWarrior, I'd be most appreciative. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike:

For MQX all the TCP/IP example projects are on the next path C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\demo

The ones that use TCP/IP are hvac, hvac_error, security_email, security_telnet, security_webserver, web_hvac

I personally recommend you the web_hvac demo.

In version MQX 4.0.1, the pre-built libraries are not distributed in the MQX release package and it is necessary to compile all MQX libraries for particular board before the first use.

In order to build libraries you need to follow the below steps:

1. 1. Navigate to C:\Freescale\Freescale MQX 4.0\config\<board_name> and drag <board>.wsd to the CodeWarrior. All BSP libraries will be loaded to your environment automatically.
  2. 2. Hit the icon to build all MQX libraries

Now in order to run the TCP/IP examples you have to do next.

Inside the folder of the project you will find a folder called “cw10” and inside you will find another folder named “name_od_demo_yourMCU”. So let’s say  you want to use the web_hvac example, then you have to go to:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\demo\web_hvac\cw10\web_hvac_twrk60n512

And drag the .project file to your CW.

Build the project. At this point you should be able to compile the example without issues. 

Please let me know if this helps!!

Sol

mikesutton
Contributor I

I found the FNET project, which seems to be more along the lines of what I'm after.  I have been able to get the shell up and running for basic ping and http functionality.

0 Kudos