AnsweredAssumed Answered

Modifying Freescale BSP (Android 4.1.2) to be aware of TI WL1273L Bluetooth?

Question asked by Thomas Damgaard on Aug 9, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 16, 2013 by Yixing Kong
Branched to a new discussion

Hi,

I have a development board based on the Freescale iMX6 on which we have added the TI WL1273L. My job is to make the Bluetooth part work as a HSP and HFP audio gateway, but as I'm new to Android I not sure were to begin. I've added:

service hciattach /system/bin/logwrapper /system/bin/hciattach /dev/ttymxc4 texas 115200 flow

to init.rc. And have successfully paired a headset using the Bluetooth settings UI, used bt_sco_app, tinycap and tinyplay to record and playback a sample:

tinycap /sdcard/Music/temp.wav -D 1 -c 1 -r 8000 -b 8

tinyplay /sdcard/Music/temp.wav -D 1

I added the BluetoothSCOApp to our build, but when I play a song using the Music app the audio goes to the speaker. (The connected headset supports A2DP)

So I guess, I'm missing something to make the Android upper layers aware of the Bluetooth.

Any help would be much appreciated!

/Thomas

EDIT:

Can someone help me with what files I would need to modify? I expect that TI has implemented the driver and HAL interface, so do I just need to modify our audio_policy.conf?

Thanks!

EDIT 2:

I added A2DP to the audio_policy.conf and the audio was routed to the headset, but it's very unstable. If I play back a song with the Music app, it's doesn't always play in the headset. I think the BT link breaks and I have to reboot the dev board to get Bluetooth working again. If the audio is played in the headset the sound stutters very badly.

After a reboot the Bluetooth isn't always working.

Is it "just" a matter of configuration to get Bluetooth working or do I have to implement something?

/Thomas

Outcomes