cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with MfgTool with own hardware

michaelkoelbl
Contributor III

Hi,

As I'm booting from sd card, I tried to program the sd card with MfgTool. While MfgTool works fine with IMX28EVK I have problems with my own hardware (these are the first tests with my own hardware at all). As I have attached the sd card at the same CPU-pins and also have the same DRAM as on the Evalboard I thought it should work. MfgTool recognizes my hardware proper as HID device.

mfgtool.log shows the following:

Thursday, August 08, 2013 18:08:09

1 - Panel A Start processing SD(with uboot) <LIST/>.

1 - Panel A Start <CMD/> type="boot" body="Recovery" file="updater.sb" timeout="10" onError="" text="Booting update firmware.".

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="boot" body="Recovery" file="updater.sb" timeout="10" onError="" text="Booting update firmware." SUCCESS code=0.

1 - Panel A Start <CMD/> type="boot" body="Recovery" file="updater_ivt.sb" timeout="10" onError="" text="Booting update firmware.".

1 - Panel A DoBoot() - Failed to load updater_ivt.sb to Recovery mode device. (err=121)

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="boot" body="Recovery" file="updater_ivt.sb" timeout="10" onError="" text="Booting update firmware." FAIL code=121.

Panel A: Updater Error 0x79 (121) - Das Zeitlimit für die Semaphore wurde erreicht.

It seems that "updater.sb" can be loaded, "updater_ivt.sb" not.

Any idea? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

michaelkoelbl
Contributor III

Hi,

I found my problem. I had a bug in my hardware (missing C on VDDXTAL) causing the oscillator to run not exactly at 24 MHz and therefore causing USB problems. After adding the capacitor it's running fine.

Meanwhile I tripped over the SSP_SCK polarity problem, Ville mentioned above. I will start a new discussion about this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is this your custom xml script? Why would you want to load both updater.sb and updater_ivt.sb. Usually it's one (without HAB security enabled) or the other (with HAB security enabled).

0 Kudos

VilleK
Contributor I

Hi Michael,

I'm not sure if this is related since I'm not familiar with MfgTool, but are you aware of errata related to i.MX28 booting from SD card? SD card clock polarity is wrong out of reset, but on some boards this doesn't prevent booting (SSP0/1-SD/MMC/eMMC Boot: SSP_SCK polarity setup issue in ROM). You can find the chip errata on Freescale web site:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/errata/IMX28CE.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Errata&WT_VENDOR=FREESC...

Suggested workaround works if you can respin the board. You may also get around this problem by playing with RC filters on the SD card signals.

/ Ville

0 Kudos