CW 10.4 compiler/linker bug when copying project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.4 compiler/linker bug when copying project

alager
Contributor II

I have a coldfire V2 project that compiles and runs fine.

I then followed the "How to copy a CW 10 project" http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/10/21/copy-my-codewarrior-project/

but the new project, in the same workspace, compiles or links incorrectly, creating a run time exception.

See the image, on the left the code should call tickDriverInit() at address 0x1000040e, but the disasembly shows the jsr to some other "random" address, which causes a run time exception.

5361_5361.pngcw10.4_compiler_bug.png

I verified that the original project has the correct code in the disassembly view.  Why is this happening, how to I fix it?

I've been over the compiler, link and assembler settings with a fine toothed comb, and can not find any differences.  What am I missing?

Let me know what other info might be needed to track this down.

Thanks,

Aaron

UPDATE: Building an identical project from scratch works just fine, but making copies produces the above error.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aaron,

have you tried with a new project? The result is the same? If you are able to clone a new project without problems I recommend to compare both projects settings.

if your rpoblem persists please submit a Service Request with the steps to reproduce the problem. You can reach us at www.freescale.com/support?

Best regards,

Carlos

alager
Contributor II

I have three projects total in the same workspace.  The original project (A), the copy of A, (B), and a build from the ground up copy (C).  All three projects compile without error or warnings, all three projects have the same compiler settings (at least as far as I can see after spending a week looking over those check boxes and drop downs).  Project A and C can be run in the debugger without error indefinitely.  Project B runs until it hits the line shown in the image above, then throws an illegal op-code exception.

All three projects are in SVN, and I tried doing a comparison between URLs, and there were a surprising number of differences, which I did not expect, but I didn't see anything that would lead me to an error like above.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aaron,

this is just to know what is the status of this problem.

is it solved or under investigation via Service Request process ?

Don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos

alager
Contributor II

I'm going to start a service request after typing this.  ALL my projects in my workspace quit working yesterday evening....I'm really getting frustrated with this IDE.

0 Kudos