How to build uboot and uImge for our MFGToolV2? (i.MX6Q SABRE-SD)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build uboot and uImge for our MFGToolV2? (i.MX6Q SABRE-SD)

petertseng
Contributor IV

Hello All,

I can used MfgTool (Mfgtools-Rel-4.0.0_130424_MX6Q_UPDATER) download image to our's i.MX6Q custom board.

But in the USB download process, using MfgTools provided Image.

How to build custom's uboot and kernel Image for MfgTools?

Thanks,

Tags (1)
7 Replies

gavinbao
Contributor I

where  is Mfgtools-Rel-4.0.0_130424_MX6Q_UPDATER download? I cann't find it.help!Thankyou!

0 Kudos

petertseng
Contributor IV

Websit: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q&nodeId=018rH3ZrDRB24A&fpsp=1&t...

>> Hardware Development Tools >> Programmers (Flash, etc) >> IMX_6DQ_MFG_TOOL

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If You mean how to build the firmware for the MFG, please use section 3.9 (Build Manufacturing Firmware) of "i.MX_6Dual6Quad_Sabre-SD_Linux_User_Guide.pdf",

that may be found in the documentation package.

petertseng
Contributor IV

Hi Yuri,

I read an "i.MX_6Dual6Quad_Sabre-SD_Linux_User_Guide.pdf " document.

If I only change the uboot and uImage (build for our android 4.2.2 BSP), and then use Mfgtools provided initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot files.

This feasible?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, it is enough to build initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot, u-boot.bin and uImage and located them to
Mfgtools-xxxx\Profiles\MX6Q Linux Update\OS Firmware\

0 Kudos

erkanaltan
Contributor II

Hi Yuri,

After 2 years,  I think I have almost the same question(s):

1. I cannot locate the i.MX_6Dual6Quad_Sabre-SD_Linux_User_Guide.pdf  document.  I don't have a Sabre board. 

Specifically,  I am looking for a MfgtoolV2 Users Guide type of a document, could you please paste the link  if there is such a document ?

2. I think this is the same question as Peter's: I've  bitbaked a Yocto 1.8 recipe.  It did not build initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot  file.  I have the uImage and u-boot files

but no ramfs image.  Can I use the old initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot file ? 

Thank you ...

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The following Summary page  i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|Freescale
contains "Manufacturing Tools" section. Any of MFG packages, located there, include documentation. 

As for MFG building under Yocto, please refer to "i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf"  in Linux documentation,
that may be found on the mentioned Web.

Basically You may try updater files (initramfs, etc) from the MFG images, provided on the Web, under the
link above.

Regards,

Yuri.