Why Term AsynchroSerial's Baud Rate can't be configured?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Term AsynchroSerial's Baud Rate can't be configured?

m4l490n
Contributor V

Hello everybody

I just followed the instructions found in  Virtual COM/USB CDC for OSBDM/OSJTAG | MCU on Eclipse and everything went perfect until I got to "TWR-MCF52259 on-board serial port settings" figure where it's explained that the baud rate was configured to "38400".

The problem is that I don't know why I can't put any value neither directly nor via timing Dialog Box ((...) button). When I type a value directly the baud rate still red and in the comments section says "Unassigned Timing". When I open the Timing Dialog Box I got nothing!! it's empty!!

Do anybody know what else has to be configured in order to be able to set the Baud Rate for the terminal component?

Thank you!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Monica
Senior Contributor III

Hello Manuel,

Were you able to go any further with your project? Please keep us posted on this, we'd like to know :smileywink:

Best regards,

Monica.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manuel,

would be good if you could post a screenshot of what you see. Are you targeting the MCF52259? Make sure you assign first the UART. Apart of that, make sure your other components are configured correctly, mainly the CPU with the clocks.

Other than that, if you are using an older CodeWarrior version (the current version is 10.4): there was sometimes an issue that you had to close the project and re-open it again for Processor Expert to get rid of bogus errors.

I hopet this helps.

0 Kudos