AnsweredAssumed Answered

Manufacturing Tool - Cannot Program SPI-NOR Device

Question asked by Paul DeMetrotion on Jul 19, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 5, 2013 by Yixing Kong
Branched to a new discussion

Have a custom device based on the i.MX6Q processor and cannot program the on-board SPI-NOR device. Am using the MfgTool2 program and have generated u-boot and uImage binaries with the Manufacturing Firmware selected in the LTIB menu. When I open the program I successfully connect to the device and it displays that is connected to an HID-compliant device. Everything looks great so far.

When I select "Start", the following occurs which is consistent with my ucl2.xml file.

1. Loading u-boot. I verified that this file is being loaded at address 0x10800000.
  2. Doing Kernel. Also verified that this is being loaded at address 0x11000000.
  3. Doing initramfs. Now this is where I get confused. I can generate the initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot file in manufacturing firmware mode or not. I tried both ways with no differences. Appears to work but not sure if I am generating a useful file?
  4. Jumping to OS image. Using an emulator the program jumps to address 0x278006e0 which appears to be a valid image.

At this point the system locks up, and I have been able to determine that early in the execution of this image the usboh3 clock is disabled. Later in the code the USB command register is accessed and due to the disabled clock, this fails and the system is dead from that point.

Why is the clock being disabled? What image is being used when the OS image is jumped to?

Outcomes