How to migrate bsp, psp from K60N512 to K60f150?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate bsp, psp from K60N512 to K60f150?

Jump to solution
danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi All,

I was wondering if the bsp, psp for K60N512 is compatible for K60F150.

If not, how could I migrate it from K60N512 to K60F150 or how could I create a new one for K60F150?

Thank you.

-Daniel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel,

I believe you should be able to use the K70 BSP without issues. The K70 also runs at 150 MHz and that makes them compatible in the MQX BSP.

Good luck!

Best Regards,

Garabo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel,

I believe you should be able to use the K70 BSP without issues. The K70 also runs at 150 MHz and that makes them compatible in the MQX BSP.

Good luck!

Best Regards,

Garabo

0 Kudos
dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To add to what Garabo stated, the K70 BSP clocks the core at 120MHz generated from the 50MHz external oscillator, as shown in the MQX Getting Started guide.  But if a BSP is cloned and ported to your K60F150 device, the clock configuration in the BSP can be modified to clock the core at 150MHz.  An easy way to change the clock configuration in the BSP like this is to use Processor Expert, and this is documented in the file installed with MQX at

<MQX Installation Directory>\doc\tools\cw\Howto_SetupKinetisClock_UsingPE.pdf

Also, another good BSP that could be used to port to a K60F150 device is the twrk60f120m BSP.  This BSP also clocks the core at 120MHz and can be updated to 150MHz.  But it could require less changes.  If you were using a K60F device with external DRAM, the K70 BSP would be a better fit to start with since it supports DDR2.  A K60F without DRAM is probably closer to the twrk60f120m BSP.

danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi Derek,

After I reading the manual for porting the BSP, I get confused.

It seems I need to change lots of the low-level drivers for the hardware parts. Am I correct?

Thanks.

-Daniel

0 Kudos
BryGuyH
Contributor IV

The vast majority of the files you need to change start with init_ and can be found in the \mqx\source\bsp\<board_name> directories. The MQX drivers are written to be as agnostic to the hardware as possible.

init_gpio.c, ini_hw.c & board_name.h are going to be the most time consuming.

It is a time consuming process (because of the number of details) but not particularly hard. However there is reason BSP engineers get paid more than software programmers...

0 Kudos
danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi Garabo,

Thank you.

If I want to create a new one, how should I do that?

-Daniel

0 Kudos
Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Also we have the clone wizard option. You can find the documentation in the MQX 4.0.1 version in the path:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\doc\tools\MQX_BSP_Cloning_Wizard_Getting_Started.pdf

The tool is located in the path:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\tools\BSPCloningWizard

Hope this helps.

Garabo

0 Kudos