AnsweredAssumed Answered

i.MX6SL eMMC boot

Question asked by Tom Tran on Jul 18, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 29, 2013 by Tom Tran

Hi all,

I saw a few threads out there regarding eMMC boot and using the MfgTool to program it.  Tried furiously to get this to work but not getting any traction.  I have also written a 'mmc config' command in u-boot to re-partition the eMMC, but after following Micron technical note on partitioning, the values aren't retained on the power cycle (another mystery).  To get things rolling, I just need to program the eMMC with uboot/linux/rootfs, but the MfgTool fails to create the primary partition because it cannot write the partition table to the first block.  When sfdisk goes to re-read the partition table, it fails so the partition device block  /dev/mmcblk0p1 (Linux) cannot be created, leading to errors in the remaining commands sent from MfgTool to target board.

UTP: received command '$ echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/sdhci-esdhc-imx.1/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:0001/boot_config'

UTP: executing "echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/sdhci-esdhc-imx.1/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:0001/boot_config"

sh: can't create /sys/devices/platform/sdhci-esdhc-imx.1/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:0001/boot_config: nonexistent directory

UTP: sending Non-success to kernel for command $ echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/sdhci-esdhc-imx.1/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:0001/boot_config.

I got some of these lines from the MXQ MfgTool for burning eMMC but it doesn't exist in the uImage from the MX6SL.  Not sure how to get around all this.  Is there a specific eMMC release(uboot/linux) with the MfgTool setup to handle this process?

Regards,

Tom

Outcomes