Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it better to use which MMPF0100?

Jump to solution
george
Senior Contributor II

Dear all,

I use MMPF0100NPEP or MMPF0100F0EP with i.MX6Q.

I think it better which MMPF0100 to use.

I referred to Table8 in a data sheet, and designed the power supply sequence by Default Configuration.

Can Default Configuration be chosen even if it uses which device?

Best Regards,

George

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi George,

Both NP and F0 devices were made to work with the i.MX6 family. As you can see in table 1, some of the versions were designed for specific Freescale evaluation boards, but at the end, the one that works better depends on your application needs. You can use either one as long as the voltage and power up requirements in i.MX6 datasheet are met (please make sure the electrical requirements are not violated at any time). So yes, you can choose your default configuration or even program your own using PF0100 fuses. There are many options and you can adjust the PMIC to your own application.

Best regards.

Jorge.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi George,

Both NP and F0 devices were made to work with the i.MX6 family. As you can see in table 1, some of the versions were designed for specific Freescale evaluation boards, but at the end, the one that works better depends on your application needs. You can use either one as long as the voltage and power up requirements in i.MX6 datasheet are met (please make sure the electrical requirements are not violated at any time). So yes, you can choose your default configuration or even program your own using PF0100 fuses. There are many options and you can adjust the PMIC to your own application.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos
george
Senior Contributor II

Thanks Jorge,

Please let me know a little more.

Is the output indicated with "-" in Table 8 in how condition?

Is not it working?

And can those outputs be turned on by control registers later?

Best regards,

George

0 Kudos
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi George,

"-" means the regulator is off by default. And yes, those regulators can be turned on by writing to the control registers anytime after boot.

Best regards.

Jorge.

SLICE
Contributor IV

Hi All,

According to the default value of  SWBSTCTL register written in table-86 in MMPF0100 datasheet, it seems that SWBST supplies 5V output by default.

Can I understand as below?

In hard-coded configuration, SWBST does not start during power-up sequence though the default value of SWBSTCTL register is set as table-86.

And SWBST can be ON by writing to SWBSTCTL register after boot.

BR,

Miyamoto

0 Kudos
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto,

Yes, your understanding is correct. If SWBST is not enabled at power up, it can be turned on by writing to SWBSTCTL register after boot.

Please note that there are some default configurations in which SWBST is on at power up. These configurations are listed in table 8 of the datasheet.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos