cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transient voltage spec on NVCC_SD3?

Jump to solution
ScottKerstein
Contributor III

A transient voltage spec is not listed in the i.MX6D/Q spec for NVCC_SD3 line.  The operating voltage is 1.65 to 3.6V.  Will a transient of 4.5V at any pulse width damage the part?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The fact, that "transient voltage spec is not listed in the i.MX6D/Q spec" means that  any voltages outside of
specified range are disabled, assuming that only ramp from 0.0 V during power up is allowed. 

Moreover, please pay attention on the following footnote in i.MX6 Datasheet regarding IO pins:
"Overshoot and undershoot conditions (transitions above OVDD and below GND) on switching pads must be held below 0.6 V, and the duration of the overshoot/undershoot must not exceed 10% of the system clock cycle. Overshoot/ undershoot must be controlled through printed circuit board layout, transmission line impedance matching, signal line termination, or other methods. Non-compliance to this specification may affect device reliability or cause permanent damage to the device.

"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The fact, that "transient voltage spec is not listed in the i.MX6D/Q spec" means that  any voltages outside of
specified range are disabled, assuming that only ramp from 0.0 V during power up is allowed. 

Moreover, please pay attention on the following footnote in i.MX6 Datasheet regarding IO pins:
"Overshoot and undershoot conditions (transitions above OVDD and below GND) on switching pads must be held below 0.6 V, and the duration of the overshoot/undershoot must not exceed 10% of the system clock cycle. Overshoot/ undershoot must be controlled through printed circuit board layout, transmission line impedance matching, signal line termination, or other methods. Non-compliance to this specification may affect device reliability or cause permanent damage to the device.

"

0 Kudos