AnsweredAssumed Answered

parrallel ipu handling

Question asked by Patrick Oberthür on Jul 11, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 16, 2013 by Patrick Oberthür
Branched to a new discussion

For a videofilter I use two ipu instances, both with its own handle, refering to IPUV3 Library. In OP_NORMAL_MODE it's too slow, so i set up streaming mode according to the User's Guide. Both for themself are working fine, but together they nagging around:

mxc_ipu_hl_lib.c:947 ipu is busy
mxc_ipu mxc_ipu: handler already installed on irq 0

mxc_ipu_hl_lib.c:2779 Ioctl IPU_REGISTER_GENERIC_ISR 0 failed!

So i checked the mxc_ipu_hl_lib.c and every call of mxc_ipu_lib_task_init() refers to the same irq channel.

So: How I work around that and why use handle ipu instances when they in the end are referring to the same processes?

It's urgent, so a simple and cheap solution would be appreciate.

Here are some of the inits:

filter->ipu1->mode = OP_STREAM_MODE;

init_return = mxc_ipu_lib_task_init(  filter->ipu1->input,           //input parameter

NULL,                            //overlay parameter

filter->ipu1->output,       //output parameter

filter->ipu1->mode,         //ipu mode refer to header file

filter->ipu1->handle);      //allocate for init, provide some info after task init function

for the second ipu all the same.

Outcomes