How to create 2 MQX timers at different priority levels?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create 2 MQX timers at different priority levels?

Tim562
Senior Contributor I

Hi All,

I'm trying to create to separate timers that run at different priority levels so that the higher priority level timer can preempt the lower priority one. I use a 100mS timer to do very quick chores (like servicing some leds and some counters) and I use a 5mS timer to do a chore that could take some time to complete. I would like the 100mS timer interrupt to preempt the 5mS timer so leds blink at a consistent rate and counters are serviced at a consistent rate.

I currently create a timer like this:

lError = _timer_create_component(3, 1024);     //Timer component at priority(3) with a 1K stack

if(lError == MQX_OK)

timer_5ms = _timer_start_periodic_every(INT_1msTimer, 0, TIMER_ELAPSED_TIME_MODE, 5);

If I want a second timer at a different priority, I don't think I can do this?:

lError = _timer_create_component(2, 8192);     //Timer component at priority(2) with a 8K stack

if(lError == MQX_OK)

timer_100ms = _timer_start_periodic_every(INT_100msTimer, 0, TIMER_ELAPSED_TIME_MODE, 100);

But, if I just call _timer_start_periodic_every() a second time without creating a new component I would get a second timer at the same priority as the first timer right? But creating 2 timer components is not correct right? So what would be the proper way to do this? Thanks for suggestions!

~Tim

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies