Is it a good idea to use processor Expert as my BSP generator ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it a good idea to use processor Expert as my BSP generator ?

Jump to solution
om
Contributor III

Hello

I need to bring up a board (currently it is TOWER board, but next it will be our propitery board) in a very short time

(10-14 days)

Is it a good idea to "define" everything in the PE and generate code (one time for the TOWER and in the second time for the final board) and use it as my BSP ?

(The BSP should include processor init, PLL, timers, UART, Ethernet, I2C, SPI, GPIO, interrupts, ...)

BTW: the compiler and IDE is IAR.

Thanks a lot

OM

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the compiler/IDE should not matter (an article how to use IAR with Processor Expert is here Tutorial: IAR + FreeRTOS + Freedom Board | MCU on Eclipse).

To answer your question: I'm pretty much doing it the way you describe all the time: I create my BSP/project with Processor Expert using an eval board (FRDM or Tower board for example), and then use it on my final hardware. In case there are differences, I manage this with Processor Expert configurations: see Configurations with Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the compiler/IDE should not matter (an article how to use IAR with Processor Expert is here Tutorial: IAR + FreeRTOS + Freedom Board | MCU on Eclipse).

To answer your question: I'm pretty much doing it the way you describe all the time: I create my BSP/project with Processor Expert using an eval board (FRDM or Tower board for example), and then use it on my final hardware. In case there are differences, I manage this with Processor Expert configurations: see Configurations with Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
om
Contributor III

OOPS.

I have a question regarding configurations:

One board I work on is TOWER

Second board called Evb

In both, I want to have option to compile/link to flash or to RAM.

I need 4 configurations like this:

TOWER

| - flash

+- RAM

Evb

| - flash

+- RAM

But what I have is only

Flash

RAM

TOWER (I added it)

Evb (I added it)

What can be done ?

PE_configurations.png

How do I "duplicate"  TOWER flash and TOWER RAM (which is the same components but different address) instead of edit PE 4 times ?

0 Kudos
om
Contributor III

Thanks a lot

Answer + helpful tip

Wsh you a great day.

0 Kudos