LWGPIO Driver - Does PE know about this?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LWGPIO Driver - Does PE know about this?

lmg
Contributor III

CW 10.4

MQX 4.0.1

TWRK60D100

The release notes say that GPIO Driver is obsolete and that I should use LWGPIO driver instead. And if fact in the example program I'm looking at (gpio) it does indeed use the LWGPIO driver.

But in my installation, PE does not seem to know that there is such a thing. Only GPIO is listed in the component library. So if I want to add a GPIO point, I don't see how I can make it LWGPIO.

I just checked for updates (using Help) and did not find any.

Thanks!

~LMG

4 Replies

vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you please be more specific what do you need to do? However I think you mix two things together, MQX has own drivers and PEx too.

MQX for GPIO supports GPIO and LWGPIO. PEx encapsulates GPIO device by GPIO_LDD component.

For details please see corresponding documentation.

best regards

Vojtech Filip

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos

lmg
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply.

I've created a new MQX_Lite project. I'd like to add some simple bit input and output using lwgpio. But here's what my Component Library looks like:

Capture.PNG

No lwgpio shown.

Thanks.

~LMG

0 Kudos

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

please note that lwgpio is an MQX driver. Processor Expert does not support MQX drivers, it provides its own components (that generate drivers) called BitIO_LDD, BitsIO_LDD, GPIO_LDD. Use these component to access GPIO in MQX lite project.

Please note that there are generally two flavours of MQX:

- MQX which containts it's own drivers and hw support using BSP and PSP pacakges. BSPs can be compiled with using PEx drivers.

- MQX lite - it's basically only the core without drivers. MQX lite is delivered as PEx component and is to be used in PEx project with PEx component drivers.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

lmg
Contributor III

Thanks Petr. That helps me understand better.

Would you be able to explain in more detail (or point me to some resources) about how Eclipse, Codewarrior, Processor Expert, BSP's, MQX, MQXLite all fit together? I think many of the errors I am making are due to a lack of understanding of the basic structure.

Thanks!

~LMG

0 Kudos