Moving a component from CW Processor Expert to Driver Suite (FreeMaster)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a component from CW Processor Expert to Driver Suite (FreeMaster)

mmaas
Contributor II

I wish to use the Processor Expert Driver Suite with IAR for an MQX-Lite Project on a K60F120.  I also wish to use FreeMaster in the IAR/PEx environment.  The challenge I face is that the FreeMaster Component only seems to be available in the CodeWarrior version of ProcessorExpert.  I have tried a few things to move it over, but nothing has worked.

1. Is there a way to Export the component from CW and then Import it to Driver Suite so it is available in the Component Library and able to be added to any project within the Driver Suite?

2. Is there an .PEupd file with the FreeMaster component available?

3. Is there some other way to accomplish this?

Kind Regards,

Mike Maas

0 Kudos
5 Replies

JardaP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

I uploaded an update of FreeMASTER component.

This fixes one internal error related to header of generated files.

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95125

Best Regards,

Jaroslav

0 Kudos

JardaP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

The update of the FreeMATSER conponent is available here:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95086

Best Regrads,

Jaroslav

0 Kudos

mmaas
Contributor II

Hi Jaroslav,

Thank you for posting the latest FreeMASTER component!  I have imported it into my Processor Expert Driver Suite and I do see some problems.

When I look at the Components Library in a workspace without any projects I can see the FreeMASTER component in the "CPU External Devices -> Display" folder.

FreeMASTER shown with no project.jpg

When I create a project for either a Kinetis K (MK60DN512VLQ10) or Kinetis L (MKL25Z128VLK4), the FreeMASTER component is no longer listed in the Components Library.

FreeMASTER NOT shown with Kinetis project.jpg

It seems that Processor Expert does not think that the Kinetis devices are supported by this component.  I do not see anything in the "Help on Component" that indicates what devices are supported by this component.

The end effect is that I am unable to add the FreeMASTER component to a Kinetis project within the Driver Suite.

Is this a challenge for me since I am using the stand alone Driver Suite rather than the CodeWarrior tool?

Kind Regards,

Mike Maas

0 Kudos

JardaP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

This was known limitation the peupd files. The update integrates the component, but does not update the list of supported devices. I expected that this was already solved. The workarround in CodeWarrior was that you could disable the component filter.

If stand alone suite driver does not have any option to disable component filter, I worry that you have to wait for next suite driver release.

Best Regards,

Jaroslav

0 Kudos

mmaas
Contributor II

Greetings Jaroslav,

Finally had a moment to go back to this exercise.  Indeed, with Component Filtering disabled, the FreeMASTER component is available in the Driver Suite for the Kinetis Architectures. 

FreeMASTER available with component filter off.jpg

Forward Progress!

Kind Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos