cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS Awareness and MQX Lite

Jump to solution
marcbunyard
Contributor IV

What do I need to do to get OS awareness active with MQXLite?  I am using Code Warrior 10.4 Professional Edition with the K20D72M in the TWR-K20D72M, and have the MQXLite component in my project.  I don't know how to get the OS awareness working.  I don't see the OS Awareness Tab under Run->Debug Configurations->Debugger.  During debugging none of the MQX tools is functional.

1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

see attached screenshot of where to enable OS awareness.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

see attached screenshot of where to enable OS awareness.

0 Kudos
marcbunyard
Contributor IV

The "OS Awareness" tab doesn't exist on the debugger tab.  I think something is wrong with my installation.  I started with the Special Suite and upgraded to professional.  Could that be blocking the "OS Awareness" tab?

0 Kudos
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think that may be the case since I see the option and tried it out successfully on a K60 board. If you don't have a professional license installed properly, then the OS Awareness feature wouldn't available.

Also make sure you have any updates for it installed:

marcbunyard
Contributor IV

Thank you Anthony.  I just tried the site, and it's down.  I'll try later.

0 Kudos
Monica
Senior Contributor III

Hello Marc,

just checking up, did you get to try it once the site was up and running? Please keep us posted :smileywink:

Best regards,

Monica

0 Kudos
marcbunyard
Contributor IV

I am still unable to get the the site:

http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/MCU10_4/com.freescale.mcu.updatesite

I am working with an FAE, and still can't get my installation working correctly.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  Firewall?

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

if you can't access this link with online updating. please try to install updates via offline mode. here is the updates download link:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_UPDATES_MCU_10_4

here is the update procedure:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/CW_MCU_SP_QS.pdf

marcbunyard
Contributor IV

Thank you.  I did use the webapp site, and downloaded the updates.  Everything went according to the instructions, but I still don't see the "OS Awareness" tab.  I'm working with someone with the premise that it's a licensing issue.  We'll see.

marcbunyard
Contributor IV

I finally uninstalled Both CodeWarrior and MQX 4.0, then re-installed them starting with CodeWarrior.  Now I have "OS Awareness".  It works for both MQX and MQX Lite.  I don't know what went wrong before, but I was trying to get the MQX 3.8 patch for The AR4100 WiFi board in, and I don't have to do that since it's already in.  So, I don't think I will be touching the environment for a while now.

0 Kudos