Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical connections for INT2 on MPL3115A2 and nRST on MPL115A2

Jump to solution
timothyfreeburn
Contributor I

Hi,

I'd like to use interchangeably either a MPL115A2 or a MPL3115A2 in my circuit and I'm wondering if I can get away with not using a DNF/resistor on pin 5 and just connecting it to VDD. This is the RST line (active low) on the 115A2 but is INT2 on the 3115A2. What would the effect be if the INT2 line was internally pulling low and the pin is connected to VDD? Is the internal resistance enough that it wouldn't overheat/blow up? Would it be power hungry? Is this a CMOS type output? etc. etc.

I'd be running them both from 3.3V on VDD/VDDIO.

Any information appreciated - The only information I can find in the datasheets on this is VOH/VOL for INT1 and INT2 with a test condition I_o of 500uA.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Timothy,

By default all interrupts are disabled (CTRL_REG4 = 0x00), so the INT2 pin will be high all the time.

If you want to use any of the internal interrupts (Data Ready, FIFO etc.), just set a corresponding bit in the CTRL_REG4 register and then route the interrupt to the INT1 pin by setting a corresponding bit in the CTRL_REG5 register.

In both cases the INT2 pin can be connected directly to VDD without any problems.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
timothyfreeburn
Contributor I

Thanks Tomas, your reply is very helpful. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Timothy,

By default all interrupts are disabled (CTRL_REG4 = 0x00), so the INT2 pin will be high all the time.

If you want to use any of the internal interrupts (Data Ready, FIFO etc.), just set a corresponding bit in the CTRL_REG4 register and then route the interrupt to the INT1 pin by setting a corresponding bit in the CTRL_REG5 register.

In both cases the INT2 pin can be connected directly to VDD without any problems.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos