Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Developmemt Kit for RD4247MAG3110

Jump to solution
sandroguidati
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to test the RD4247MAG3110 (eCompass kit with USB interface) for integration with my own measurement system (DotNet 4.0, Win7, 64bit). I know that there is the eCompass Software, but that is a standalone application. What I would need is some kind of software development kit, a description of the functions and interfaces included in the DLLs to create my own application (as part of the mentioned larger system). Some example code would also certainly help. C/C++ would be fine (I could write my own wrapper for C#)

Any help is appreciated

best regards

Sandro Guidati

0 Kudos
1 Solution
michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sandro,

Actually, the eCompass/magnetic calibration solution is what you are after.  Go to http://www.freescale.com/eCompass and click on the ECOMPASS_SW link on the bottom.  After going through the clickthrough license, you'll be able to download a zip file which a whole bunch of app notes AND C source files.

Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sandro,

Actually, the eCompass/magnetic calibration solution is what you are after.  Go to http://www.freescale.com/eCompass and click on the ECOMPASS_SW link on the bottom.  After going through the clickthrough license, you'll be able to download a zip file which a whole bunch of app notes AND C source files.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
sandroguidati
Contributor I

Hello Michael,

thanks for the quick response. I will have a look at the data.

I received my RD4247MAG3110 today, downloaded the sensortoolbox (to try the performance), installed the latest FTDI driver. The system is WIn7 64 bit. When I start the toolbox the sensors are detected, but when I press on "eCompass" I get a "class not registered" error. Do you have any idea, what I am missing?

regards

Sandro

0 Kudos
sandroguidati
Contributor I

Hello Michael,

I already found the solution (newest Verison of the Flash Player...)

regards

Sandro

0 Kudos
michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Glad to hear you've got it up and running.  Have fun!

Mike

0 Kudos