IMX233 may internal watchdog sometime fail ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX233 may internal watchdog sometime fail ?

goodluk65
Contributor I

Hello,

my company designed two years ago a customized industrial board based on i.mx233.

On the board there is a Linux kernel 2.6.31 from LTIB+Patches, LTIB rootfs and it is running a customized software which reset watchdog every 5sec.

We tested the watchdog on laboratory and it may work fine here.

The board run always in performance mode and do not use any kind of power save function.

Now we discovered that the watchdog rarely may not work. We found some board running on the field, which are "frozen" but if we switch off/on the power, the board start fine.

Do someone knows if there are conditions in which the imx233 internal watchdog can fail to restart the processor or if there are know problems using internal watchdog ?

thank you in advance

Luciano

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

kingoofang
Contributor I

Hello goodluk65 ,I also have the problem now, used iMX287  Linux 2.6.35 ,switch off/on the power, the board start fine.

0 Kudos

小辉哥
Contributor III

hi kingoo fang,

I also have the problem now, used iMX283  Linux 2.6.35,Do you solved the problem now?

0 Kudos

goodluk65
Contributor I

Hello kingoofang

we didn't tested this problem on 2.6.35, also because it appear very rarely and until now we don't have a procedure to repeat this watchdog problem on laboratory.

Is the same for you ? Also in your board the watchdog work fine on laboratory but sometime one board on the field doesn't restart ?

0 Kudos

kingoofang
Contributor I

hi,goodluk65

We have the problem too! press reset key it didn't work,we must power off the board and then power on the board,it can work fine. The  Debug port can't login in the board and ethernet also didn't work!

0 Kudos