Anyone else have CW 10.4 Installation Problems?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have CW 10.4 Installation Problems?

Jump to solution
samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day All,

I am curious if anyone else is having CW 10.4 Installation problems?  I say this, as I tried to install CW 10.4 on a Win 7 64 Bit  i7 machine and gave up after 2+ hours.  The program looked as though it was hung.  When I retried to install I received two errors and then the installation program would not install over the previous attempted install... and so I have to delete the entire sub-folder which takes a bit of time, as it contains over 16000 files / 650MB (currently).  I have to say that my experience with CW Eclipse is continuing to be a nasty.  I am trying my best to use CW Eclipse, but I have to say I am just not impressed with all of this nonsense and the continued battles to use this product.

I will report back if I am successful at installing CW 10.4... If I cannot make any headway then I will submit a support ticket.

Cheers,

Sam

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sam, did you download the offline package from this link>http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_SPECIALEDITIONS if you can't get it. I suggest you send a SR to support team to check it, and also request they send a copy to you via Transweb.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day All,

Just an update to this thread I started...

I was finally able to instal CW 10.4, but the software just had too many issues that I got fed up with.  As a consequence I did not use it for any projects.  That being said I found out about CW 10.5 and decided to try it... what a difference in the installation.  CW 10.5 installed without issue, drama, and in about 25 minutes total... about 10 minutes to install about 80% of it and then 15 minutes to install the remaining 20%.  Everything installed without no problem.  I then used 10.5 on a simple project and again everything worked perfectly.  I will try 10.5 on a larger project, but so far I am feeling better about CW Eclipse.  So, those of you who had 10.4 issues... dump 10.4 and just go to 10.5!

Cheers,

Sam

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

do you use online install package? online install package install process is very slow if the network is not perfect. normally i recommend user use offline install package instead, size:1267642  K http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_SPECIALEDITIONS on my side with offline install package, the install took 90-120minutes. but we still have customer can finish the install within 30minutes. our DevTech team is looking this problem. but for the moment please disable all the virus defender and fire wall before install then try again.

0 Kudos
samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day Jun,

Thank you for your response!  I had to use the online version, as the offline version takes me to a screen that says that a Freescale representative will call me.  I tried twice the the result was the same.  Thus, I had to use the online version.

As for this online version... it appears as of the installlation stalls, as if it is waiting for something.  I am just on my second attempt and I disabled my antivirus, etc and the same issue remains. 

Cheers,

Sam

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sam, did you download the offline package from this link>http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_SPECIALEDITIONS if you can't get it. I suggest you send a SR to support team to check it, and also request they send a copy to you via Transweb.

0 Kudos
samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day Jun,

I was finally able to download it from this location.  However installation was also like the online version... in that I ended up cancelling the install after 2+ hours.  Sadly, during the install my computer slowed to a crawl and was really unusable... which was not good, as I have other work needing attention.  I then re booted my system to Windows 7 safe mode and was able to install the offline version in about 5 minutes, but it did have one driver error.  I just accepted the error and the installation completed.  I have no idea why CW 10.4 was so slow installing under non safe mode, but this is the only software I have had this issue with.  So, if anyone else is having issues with CW 10.4 I would suggest downloading the offline version and boot your system to safe mode for the install.  It will save you a lot of time and so far appears to work.

Cheers,

Sam