CW 10.4; Receiving during full erasen "Device is secured. Erase to unsecure?", that than gives us error connecting to multilink. Anyone have ideas.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.4; Receiving during full erasen "Device is secured. Erase to unsecure?", that than gives us error connecting to multilink. Anyone have ideas.

Jump to solution
Blackdragon
Contributor I

SR are becoming a waste of energy and time and due to response time are no longer usable.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If the device was secured with mass erased disabled option then unfortunately there is no way to unsecure it.

You can try the following:

Attached is a zip file called ProgArmCortex.zip. Please unzip the contents of the zip file into a test folder such as c:\test\ProgArmCortex. Inside the test folder, there's a file named ProgARMCortex.exe, it  has the ability to determine whether or not the mass erase has been disabled. If the mass erase has been disabled and the device has been secured, ProgARMCortex will display the message "Device is secure. Mass erase is disabled. Try to unsecure anyways?"

If you don't receive any message then the device can be secured but mass erase should be possible.
In this case you can try to mass erase the device , this can be down by the simple FLash Programmer in CW10.4 . Click on the icon for Flash Programmer -> Flash File to Target , Click on 'Erase Whole Device' button.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It seems that Flash was secured, but to know why it cannot be unsecured by CW, you please supply the info in below, thanks!
1) The part number of your target MCU

2) what is the emulator you are using? USBTAP, Multilink Universal, or Cyclone MAX?

3) Could you please create a new boarboard project for your Target, adn this same problem also appears?

0 Kudos
Blackdragon
Contributor I

1) MK20FX512VLQ12

2) Multilink Universal

3) By the time I posted the question I had built the project from scratch 5 times, including changing drive and directory. Also used a different PC.

Also tried both the GCC compiler tools and the freescale compiler tools.

Flash came secured from the factory. Board was assembled yesterday.

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

attach the tool

0 Kudos
Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

Hi TICS_Fiona

I am also having the issue of not detecting the usb multilink universal. I downloaded your zipped folder and did the same as instructed but I have the following msg on my screen. where do I find the desired file? Thanks in advance I have also posted the query in the community https://community.freescale.com/thread/318552 please look into the matter.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks and regards

Amit Kumar

0 Kudos
tejasgawade
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

thanks Fiona for utility.

it helped me to recover 6  Mk20DX256m10 board.

initially it looked like mass erase disabled but with this utility i got MDM-AP status register = 34.

what this means is

- mass erase is enabled

- secured

also when i connected scope probe to reset pin. reset pin was not high. removed 0.1 uF capacitor on reset pin and rechecked reset pin.

i can see waveform with approx 5 uS on and 50 uS off time. this was observed on all the boards

steps to recover kinetis:

1. connect to mcu using this utility by selecting appropriate algorithm for device and around 1 MHz communication frequency.

(i have used multilink and cyclonemax)

2. you should get MDM-AP status register content.

3. if as per MDM-AP mass erase is not disabled, connect reset pin to ground.

4. try to reset mcu form utility or close and rerun the utility.

5. now MDM-AP status will change to 32. now you can release reset pin.

6. i have used codewarrior "simple flash programmer" to erase mcu.

7. got erase success, So mcu recovered :smileyhappy:

i have tried erase from this utility but looks it is not happening from here.

0 Kudos
Blackdragon
Contributor I

Nice tool. it could not access the part so we built a 3rd board. We are now up. 2 bad parts from factory stock, :smileysad:

Hanging on to the tool for future just in case. Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You are welcome.

0 Kudos
pablo_slavkin
Contributor I

Hi TICS_Fiona. I've the same issue on a PA16 IC. I can't connect it after a mass erase function from inside code... I've five IC bricked out....Is there any app like those to unlock 9s08pa devices?? I'm using p&e multilink... thanks in advance

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If the device was secured with mass erased disabled option then unfortunately there is no way to unsecure it.

You can try the following:

Attached is a zip file called ProgArmCortex.zip. Please unzip the contents of the zip file into a test folder such as c:\test\ProgArmCortex. Inside the test folder, there's a file named ProgARMCortex.exe, it  has the ability to determine whether or not the mass erase has been disabled. If the mass erase has been disabled and the device has been secured, ProgARMCortex will display the message "Device is secure. Mass erase is disabled. Try to unsecure anyways?"

If you don't receive any message then the device can be secured but mass erase should be possible.
In this case you can try to mass erase the device , this can be down by the simple FLash Programmer in CW10.4 . Click on the icon for Flash Programmer -> Flash File to Target , Click on 'Erase Whole Device' button.

0 Kudos