Simulating Inputs on Visualization Tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating Inputs on Visualization Tool

furkanturan
Contributor I

We have one of freescale development tools PBMCUSLK with HCS12CSLK in our university Middle East Technical University, and trying to create lab manuals for next semester of microprocessor labs. We stuck on one point and wanted to ask you:

We have MC9S12C128 microprocessor module and running CodeWarrior 5.9.0. We can use the microcontroller and software well, no problem. But we need to be able to simulate an input also to make student able to work as preparation to labs. To do it, we are setting DDR of PortB as input, connecting a switch trough visualization tool to bit0 of port B but cannot toggle the switch. As an input, data on the register cannot be altered to 1 (logic). If we set DDR as output, that time we be able to toggle it and change the output, but that is not what is want.

So I would like to ask you if input simulating is not supported. Also I would like to know if input simulation is allowed, is it able to simulate IRQ interrupt using that.

Best Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

furkanturan
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer. Through that link I found how to simulate input. The difference with there in my system is, it uses MEBI to reach ports, but in my case PIM is used.

Now the only thing I could not do still is simulating XIRQ interrupt. As I did in input case, I can reach interrupt bit through PIM.XIRQ but processor does not jump to interrupt vector. (It works well on device).

So I would like to ask again, do you know anyting about the situation.

0 Kudos