Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing problem with I2C in i.MX51 evk board

Jump to solution
electronguy
Contributor I

Hi all,

I have just started working with i.MX51 evaluation board and I am trying to write a byte of data to EEPROM (AT24C512B). This EEPROM is a part of expansion board and is not on the main board. The problem is I am not able to read whatever data I am writing, i.e I always read the value 0xFF or 0x00. So there must be two problems, either the write operation is failing or I am not accessing the right location while reading.

My question is how do i find out if the write operation is successful? Where are the control registers of I2C on i.MX51 processor using which I can monitor the ACK bit which would inturn tell me about the success/failure of the write operation?

Plz help

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
maheshmahadeva1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The I2C control and status registers are documented in the I2C chapter of the MX51 Reference manual that can be found at the below link:

i.MX515 Product Summary Page

I2C module is documented in chapter 40.

You may also have to configure the IOMUX settings for the MX51 pins used to connect the I2C clock and data signals. IOMUX registers can be found in the Appendix section.

Please connect a scope to see you see an active clock signal during the I2C transactions.

Best regards,

-Mahesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Guy, please click Correct Answer/Helpful Answer, if your question had bee answered.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
maheshmahadeva1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The I2C control and status registers are documented in the I2C chapter of the MX51 Reference manual that can be found at the below link:

i.MX515 Product Summary Page

I2C module is documented in chapter 40.

You may also have to configure the IOMUX settings for the MX51 pins used to connect the I2C clock and data signals. IOMUX registers can be found in the Appendix section.

Please connect a scope to see you see an active clock signal during the I2C transactions.

Best regards,

-Mahesh

0 Kudos