cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior 10.x Rebuild problems

yanam
Contributor II

Hello All,

Has anyone come across Build problems in Eclipse based CodeWarrior 10.x. This has been seen for Kinetis CW 10.4 Evaluation Version.

1. . A macro was defined as

#define PRINT_ARG(x) printf(x) 

which was removed later i.e..

#define PRINT_ARG(x) 

Even after ‘Clean-Build’ and ‘Re-build’ the tool-tip against that micro used to display the same function; and also the executable had that debug prints. After changing PRINT_ARG(x) to wrong function i.e.

#define PRINT_ARG(x) sdsdsdsd

it showed up compilation error and then going back to removing the printf(x) worked, the tool-tip too cleared up that old macro.

2. A two dimensional array was allocated at address well inside the range of our microcontroller. The LCF was used was of Tower Board K60x512… however I was unable to change the values in the array. Previous to this all other memory variables worked fine on my target microcontroller. After encountering this problem I found my mistake and replaced the LCF file, which worked thereafter...

3. I was creating an example project for Freescale employee to try and reproduce above problems removing lot of confidential part from the code. This also removed some definition of macros, functions and extern variables that were used in the example main.c. However, at first it compiled, downloaded and ran successfully with debugger. It did second time as well, however the third time it gave me plethora of errors claiming missing definitions, which was obviously expected the first time. I handled it and it worked fine...

Please share your experiences and if there is any setting that can help, please let me know.

Regards,

Yogendra

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yogendra,

I've created an example to reproduce the problem described at point 1.

I've checked the 2 build tool chains GCC and Freescale.

this example includes the 3 macros:

//#define PRINT_ARG(x) printf(x) // step 01

//#define PRINT_ARG(x) // step 02

//#define PRINT_ARG(x) sdsdsdsd // step 03

On my side the 2 projects are working fine.

I'm using MCU V10.4.

Attached you will find my example.

for the 2 other points, I've never heart similar problem.

Pascal

0 Kudos

yanam
Contributor II

Hello Pascal,

Yeah, the problem is not always reproducible. I came across that once. Also in parallel inside the same workspace there were other subsets/supersets of the project. All of them been closed. Is that something to be tried out?

Regards,

Yogendra

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yogendra,

By default when I've several projects in a workspace, to avoid problem (not use right project) and to have only errors associated to the project I'm using, I close all other project and keep open only the project I'm using.

Keep open only the project you wanted to work on it, could solve several problems just avoiding confusing and wrong action ...

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos

yanam
Contributor II

All other projects were closed, when I encountered this problem. However if I remember right, such issues happen during transition from one project to other project - i.e. closing one and building other (not clean build, may be!)... Nevertheless, I expect it to not happen.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It's difficult to investigate a problem when we cannot reproduce the problem on our side.

If only the working project is opened, you should not met similar problem.

I don't know if a clean project before a build or debug could have an impact.

Pascal

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is the possibility to limit/filter what is shown in the Problems view.

See

Eclipse Problems View: Only Show Problems for Project | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos