AnsweredAssumed Answered

Looking for tutorials on configuring and linking with Code Warrior

Question asked by Bryon Baker on Jun 11, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2013 by Erich Styger

Hi,

I have recently moved to the Kinetis platform from Atmel and need to get used to a whole new IDE. The area I am having trouble with is understaning how to configure project properties and also how do include libraries into the project (e.g. the stdio library)

Initially I would like to get going without using Processor Expert so I have a simple little program (hello world :-).

#include "derivative.h" /* include peripheral declarations */

#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)

{

printf( "Hello world.\n"); 

for(;;) ;

return 0;

}

The build fails with:

DescriptionResourcePathLocationType
ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/EWL_C/src/sys/uart_console_io.c undefined reference to `InitializeUART'HelloWorldline 200C/C++ Problem
ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/EWL_C/src/sys/uart_console_io.c undefined reference to `ReadUARTN'HelloWorldline 93C/C++ Problem
ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/EWL_C/src/sys/uart_console_io.c undefined reference to `WriteUARTN'HelloWorldline 151C/C++ Problem
mingw32-make: *** [STPM01PowerMeter.elf] Error 1HelloWorldC/C++ Problem

This makes sense because it is normal to drag in other libraries. My challenge is I am not sure how to do that. Eclipse has more configuration options than you can shake a processor at and all the help and tutorials are using Processor Expert which I do not want to use (yet).

So apart from solving this specific problem, can anyone point me to some good tutorials to help me move to the Code Warrior environment and become self sufficient for annoyingly simple challenges such as this?

Thanks in advance,

Bryon

Outcomes