Adeneo Embedded drastically improves i.MX6 Windows Embedded Compact (WEC7) BSP performances

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adeneo Embedded drastically improves i.MX6 Windows Embedded Compact (WEC7) BSP performances

witekio
Contributor III

Adeneo Embedded released today a patch of its Windows Embedded Compact 7 BSP for i.MX6 fixing various issues in Cache and SMP implementation, as well as implementing significant improvements on how Cache and SMP management was implemented within the BSP, since previous implementation based on generic code from Freescale was not optimized for maximum performance with Windows Embedded Compact. These fixes will be part of next release of Adeneo Embedded Windows Embedded Compact 7 BSP for i.MX6, as well as part of upcoming Windows Embedded Compact 2013 BSP from Adeneo Embedded. However, customers who already acquired a source code license from Adeneo Embedded can contact today their local sales representative, or our generic sales contact address (sales@adeneo-embedded.com) to receive the patch to apply on their own BSP.

This fix which required deep understanding of ARMv7 architecture as well as Windows Embedded Compact multiprocessing architecture to implement the most optimized Cache and SMP management brings a unique and differentiating value in performance increase to customers using the Adeneo Embedded BSP.

Labels (3)
0 Replies