xFlash page erasing/writing to all Zeros on DSP56F8367

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xFlash page erasing/writing to all Zeros on DSP56F8367

dynapb
Contributor IV

Hi All, I have been having a random problem that when writing a value to xFlash the flash page writen to gets erased to all zeros instead of FFFFs or written to all zeros instead of the proper data.

I use the PE InitFLASH bean using the Safe write method and the SetBlockFlash to write one or more words.

What appears to be happening is when I write a word to xFlash the function has to erase the flash to rewrite the new value.  It would appear to erase it to 0's instead of F's and then errors out.  The next time it writes, probably after power cycle, it still has the 0's but writes the proper new words.  I suppose there is a chance that it gets erased to all F's but then when writing the saved page back to flash it writes 0's instead of the backed up data.

It is a random problem that happens in the field so is hard to troubleshoot.

Anyone seen this?  Any suggestions?

Thanks, Pete

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you please add  the software reset in startup code, and test whether it can work it around? For details, please refer to 19.5 in 56F8346 Errata:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/dsp/doc/errata/MC56F8367E.pdf

dynapb
Contributor IV

Hi Fiona,

Thanks for the info.

I saw that Errata last week and have just implemented it but did not think it quite matched my problem so was looking to see if others had a similar problem.

I also asked tech support for more details on the problem, like maybe PS rise time requirements to avoid the problem, specific symptoms, etc., but just got the same suggestion.

It probably is the cause so will have to wait maybe months to a year before I know if it fixes the problem I am seeing.

I will set yours as a Helpful Answer until I know the problem is fixed.

Thanks,

Pete

0 Kudos