Android Jellybean booting crashes from SDCARD booting.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Jellybean booting crashes from SDCARD booting.

ManoharChinnadu
Contributor III

Hi All,

I'm booting Android Jelly Bean (jb4.2.2_1.0.0-ga) based code (Pre built images and images generated on FS released code referring Android's User's Guide). 

1. i'm using Freescale Sabrelite 6Q based processor.

2. Successfully booting kernel and able to test all the interfaces using busybox.

3. when i use above based Android FS in respective partitions( sdx5- system.img, sdx4- userdata.img, sdx1- uImage, uramdisk.img) able to detect the partition table from init.rc and successfully mounting the partitions.

4. I'm using LVDS display with following boot arguments(i'm using UART4 for logging, so for ttymx3 as parameter i'm passing with boot argument):

setenv bootargs console=ttymxc3,115200 vmalloc=400M consoleblank=0 video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,bpp=32,1024x600M@60,if=RGB666 fbmem=20M androidboot.console=ttymxc3 androidboot.hardware=freescale

5. ANDROID logo is comming from the display and from the logcat logs, crash is happening in dalvikvm with Fatal signal(11) error.(Refer the attached logs).

6. Even tried by disabling the audio, camera and other services from the init.rc file still crash is happening while freeing garbage memory.

A). Anyone guide me what is the procedure to boot the device using SDCARD interface for JB bringup.

B). what might be the cause for crash everytime in dalvikvm(which is trying to free the memory) after display buffer allocation.

C). do i need to configure any hardware composer w.r.t display configuration(i'm suspecting the crash happening after Display buffer allocation completes).

Thanks in advance,

Sandesh D

Original Attachment has been moved to: jb4.2.2.0-ga-nonworking.txt.zip

0 Kudos
2 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Manohar, if your question had been ansered, please click Correct Answer/Helpful Answer.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

PeterChan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Are you testing the Android JellyBean on our SABRE-AI board? I ask this question because it is the only i.MX6Q EVK board that use UART4 as debug console. For SABRE-SD board, UART1 is used instead. The image of these EVK boards can be found in Android_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf.

We have pre-built images for both SABRE-AI and SABRE-SD boards in the release archive and appropriate image must be used according to the board type.

Is the error log captured from the pre-built image on our EVK? If no, may I know your changes to see this error?

0 Kudos