What are the basic and advanced compoents?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the basic and advanced compoents?

Jump to solution
danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi All,

I am new here. I read that Processor Expert has basic components and advanced components. I want to know what are they and what is different between them.

If I am using TWR-K60N512 board, do I need advanced components?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Daniel,

When you add a processor expert component to your project you can have 3 views.

- Basic

- Anvaced

- Expert

You can set any module using the basic view. This view will let you configure basic module settings and leave all advanced settings as default. In advanced and expert view you can configure more specific settings of each module. For example:

MCG Module:

Basic view: You will be able to set frequency and clock source.

Andvanced and profesional view: You will be able to specify if the clock will work in high gain or low power and set the internal capacitors values.

PCR module:

Basic view: You can determine a pin functionality (in case the pin has different options).

Adavnced and Profesional views: You can specify if it is open drain, slew rate and internal resistor value.

Hope this helps!

Carlos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Daniel,

When you add a processor expert component to your project you can have 3 views.

- Basic

- Anvaced

- Expert

You can set any module using the basic view. This view will let you configure basic module settings and leave all advanced settings as default. In advanced and expert view you can configure more specific settings of each module. For example:

MCG Module:

Basic view: You will be able to set frequency and clock source.

Andvanced and profesional view: You will be able to specify if the clock will work in high gain or low power and set the internal capacitors values.

PCR module:

Basic view: You can determine a pin functionality (in case the pin has different options).

Adavnced and Profesional views: You can specify if it is open drain, slew rate and internal resistor value.

Hope this helps!

Carlos

0 Kudos
danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for clarifying it.

-Daniel

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Daniel,

actually, this is not really true.

It is true that 'Basic', 'Advanced' and 'Expert' are view modes, and allow you to see more or less properties of a component.

But 'Basic Components' and 'Advanced Components' are something different (and the terms have historical reasons):

- basic components are components like BitIO or InternalI2C or AsynchroSerial: drivers for the microcontroller peripherals.

- advanced components are software components on top of the basic components: e.g. Terminal, CAN software stack, etc

Historically, basic components were in the 'free of charge edition', while the 'advanced components' were available only in the paid editions. From CodeWarrior for MCU10.3 on (if I remember right), the 'advanced compents' are included in the 'free edition' too. So you should be able to use the 'Term' component, which is an Advanced Components.

So from this perspective, you should not need to care about if something is an advanced or basic component.

I hope this helps.