Flashing with Mfgtool fails due to updater firmware issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing with Mfgtool fails due to updater firmware issue

binoyjayan
Contributor III

I tried to program my mx28  based board with NAND flash installed. But, during the programming, the updater kernel (updater.sb/updater_ivt.sb) does not even finish booting till the end and shows the following error:

rootfs image is not initramfs (read error); looks like an initrd
.  ----- more logs -------
RAMDISK: gzip image found at block 0
RAMDISK: EOF while reading compressed data
uncompression error
VFS: Cannot open root device "(null)" or unknown-block(0,0)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available partitions:

I am attaching the entire programming boot log also.

From the log it seems that the creation of the initramfs cpio image "linux- 2.6.35.3/usr/initramfs_data.cpio" is not happening properly. Please find this in the log - "rootfs image is not initramfs (read error); looks like an initrd"

However, the size of both updater.sb and updater_ivt.sb are both 5.7 MiB after mfg firmware is built which indicates that the image does not just have the kernel code but initramfs as well. But somehow it is not getting mounted properly during the booting.

I am using the bsp L2.6.35_1.1.0_130130. This is the new Linux BSP released by freescale after the initial release of of the BSP L2.6.35_10.12.01_SDK.

Initially I was using this and the updater firmware used to work just fine. I used to customize the updater kernel and was able to program the board without any issue.  But, I recently migrated to the new BSP L2.6.35_1.1.0_130130 for imx28. That is when the issue mentioned above appeared.

BSP used: L2.6.35_1.1.0_130130

Host OS : Ubuntu 10.04

Has anyone encountered this issue with the new bsp. Please let me know if you were able to find any solution.

Thank you,

Binoy

Original Attachment has been moved to: newltib02.log.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

julenarregi
Contributor I

Hi there,

Did anybody solved this issue?

If somebody did it, please could you share your solution?

Thanks in advance,

Julen

0 Kudos