AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help for imx6q release L3.0.35_4.0.0_130424: Instructions on how to test OpenGL ES/OpenVG/OpenCL

Question asked by LeviathanSteven on Jun 6, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 15, 2014 by Justin DeFields

Hi,

Recently, I worked on imx6q_sabrelite board with the latest release L3.0.35_4.0.0_130424.

I set up the system with L3.0.35_4.0.0_130424_source.tar.gz and ubuntu_oneiric_4.0.0.tgz

I have two problems:

1,  I setup the graphic acceleration environment followed document 'Instructions_to_setup_X11_acceleration_on_Ubuntu.txt' in xserver-xorg-video-imx-viv-3.0.35-4.0.0.tar.gz But I did not find test demos for OpenGL ES/OpenVG/OpenCL, so are there are any instructions on how to test them.

2,  When I test EXA performance with gtkperf and x11perf, I found the performance is even better when I use ‘fbdev_drv.so’  instead of   vivante_drv.so as the X driver by setting  the file xorg.conf . From file '/var/log/Xorg.0.log', I am sure the EXA HW acceleration has been enabled when using vivante_drv.so, but the

grkperf's performance is poor. (Actually, the same issue happened on my imx53_loco board, too). So are there any specially configurations to power up the EXA

HW acceleration????

Thanks in advanced.

Outcomes