Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot put the target into stop mode

Virendra
Contributor I

Memory Write verify failure
Description: 1)
processor used: MPC8358.
I am trying debug the code using RAM implemented in FPGA(128K), while downloading the code i am getting an error "Memory Write verify failure' at the address 0x10000, I get this error more frequently.

I have given stack address as 0x00001000
code address at 0x00001000
JTAG config value: E300 (1 1) (2 0x04600001) (3 0x24030086)

2) another error I am getting frequently during downloading the code "CS protocolplugin: failed to reset the target
MPC83xx: cannot put the target into stop mode"

3)and after downloading the code without errors program control is not going to the break point say main() of the code and instead I am getting a message " program debug.elf is executing. choose break from the debug menu to stop it. when I try to stop by doing so I am again getting the error

"CS protocolplugin: failed to reset the target
MPC83xx: cannot put the target into stop mode"

please suggest the solution
Severity: Critical
Target: PowerQUICC (8xx, 8xxx)
Product:    CW for Power Architecture 
0 Kudos
2 Replies

hwrobel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

This feels like a hardware issue. First check your clocking, your chip and clocking configuration, and the PLL power supply filtering. Also check for power supply noise on all rails. Then check the timing setup in the GPCM of the FPGA access, as you are seeing fundamentally different values read back.

If after these checks nothing comes to mind to resolve the issue, then open up a Service Request with Freescale that includes schematics.

0 Kudos

Virendra
Contributor I

Heinz Wrobel,

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked the PLL Clock and also PLL power supply filtering (getting required 1.2V). now I am using SDRAM for RAM requirement.But I still having issues with downloading the code as mentioned in query 2 and 3 repeated below.

ERROR 1.      CANNOT PUT THE TARGET TO STOP MODE

On starting debugging the object code gets dumped into the configured RAM memory but we do not get control at the breakpoint. If we try to “STOP” program execution the following message pops up.

The same error message also pops up before code dumping into the RAM occasionally.

Attached are the Configuration file, debug.map, file and the CCS Log.

ERROR 2. RCWHR AND RCWLR values not loading from JTAG File.

On configuring the CodeWarrior USB Tap from the Remote Debugging Connection Settings window in Debug Version Settings of the CodeWarrior IDE 8.8 we find that the value given in the Reset Module registers is that as given in the FLASH rather than the value given in the JTAG configuration file. also find the attached log files and screen shots.

0 Kudos