cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add gfxRAM to linker file ?

Jump to solution
ChrisNielsen
Contributor III

I'm developing under IAR's IDE.  The attached linker file works well but only includes sysRAM0 and sysRAM1 (512KB).  I need to extend the linker file to include the 512KB in gfxRAM.  I've done some linker file editing in the past (successfully) but I'm always nervous since I'm not very familiar with the syntax and rules.

Does anyone know the best way to alter the linker file to include gfxRAM so the full 1 MB is available to the linker as allocatable RAM?

Thanks, Chris

Original Attachment has been moved to: vf600_ocram.icf.zip

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ChrisNielsen
Contributor III

I found it.  Need to add the bolded phrase below to add gfxRAM:

define region RAM_region = mem:[from __ICFEDIT_region_RAM_start__   to __ICFEDIT_region_RAM_end__] | mem:[from 0x3F400000 to 0x3F47FFFF];

Without using the IAR symbols, it is:

define region RAM_region = mem:[from 0x3F000410 to 0x3F07FFFF] | mem:[from 0x3F400000 to 0x3F47FFFF];

We are skipping the first 0x410 locations for the vector table (don't let linker allocate in there).

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisNielsen
Contributor III

I found it.  Need to add the bolded phrase below to add gfxRAM:

define region RAM_region = mem:[from __ICFEDIT_region_RAM_start__   to __ICFEDIT_region_RAM_end__] | mem:[from 0x3F400000 to 0x3F47FFFF];

Without using the IAR symbols, it is:

define region RAM_region = mem:[from 0x3F000410 to 0x3F07FFFF] | mem:[from 0x3F400000 to 0x3F47FFFF];

We are skipping the first 0x410 locations for the vector table (don't let linker allocate in there).

Chris

0 Kudos